Every week, I read tons of news, primarily related to food, health, wellness and sustainability. On any given day, you’ll find me sharing links to relevant news stories and recipes on Twitter and sometimes on Green Your Plate’s Facebook page.
Here are some of the items that caught my eye in the Internet sphere over the past week:
- The USDA recently launched the “Know Your Farmer, Know Your Food” Compass - will it point to more local foods in your area?
- Let’s hear it for the food bloggers! Bloggers replace mom’s recipe box as source of food knowledge
- 2nd breakfast – not just for hobbits anymore
- When diets divide relationships – Love is a Cattle Field
- Cooking Light gets to the meat of the matter by comparing grass-fed vs. conventional beef in terms of price, taste and nutrition
- Banishing BPAs from canned goods is not so simple, it seems – why is it so difficult for food companies to go BPA-free?
- The viral sensation set off by an 86-year-old lady who offered a review of the new Olive Garden restaurant that opened in Grand Forks
- Cooking Matters conquers cooking classes for low-income Minnesotans
- Continuing the tropical tour, why not make yourself a pineapple ginger smoothie
And finally, Fulton Beer opens its taproom in downtown Minneapolis this weekend! The Barrio taco truck will also be hand serving Lonely Blonde-battered fish tacos to celebrate. Find the full Fulton details on tap here.