Every week, I read tons of news, primarily related to food, health, wellness and sustainability. On any given day, you’ll find me sharing links to relevant news stories and recipes on Twitter and sometimes on Green Your Plate’s Facebook page.
Here are some of the items that caught my eye in the Internet sphere over the past week:
- Surely the most discussed food story on Twitter this week was Paula Deen’s dual announcement that she has Type 2 diabetes and that she has become an spokeswoman for an insulin drug from Novartis. She contends that her diet was not to blame. Huh??? A simultaneously sad and appalling story. Check out some of Paula’s most outrageous concoctions.
- The cold weather has cranked up this week and the root vegetables are staring at you – suggestions for how to eat seasonally in winter.
- More meal ideas for eating seasonally can be found at Eating for England’s Seasonal Recipes page.
- Still stuck on figuring out ways to make more of your meals without meat? See 5 tips for vegetarian-friendly meals, which includes a recipe for black bean burritos.
- One meatless meal recipe that’s intriguing me: Lentil-ricotta “meatballs”.
- Another carnivorous recipe that’s seducing me the other way: Chorizo & Fire Roasted Tomato Ragout with Poached Eggs.
And, sometimes you can go too far asking “is it local?”
Happy weekend, everyone!